Thursday, November 03, 2011

When you're tired, you go to bed. When I'm tired, I cook!





I had the pleasure of cooking for 7 hours, sleeping for 4.5 and then cooking for another 3.5 before heading out to a McDonald's corporate event for which I was providing the food! YAY!!! Thank God it's over.
I love to cook. We all know that. But there can be quite a reasonable amount of stress to shoulder when cooking for 125 people. I did have the help of my parents who tag-teamed to help grate 7 pounds of cheese, put/pull pans from the oven, pack/unpack pans from the car and fry fish so I could go change my clothes! They even helped me do the dishes. Pretty amazing. What would I do without them?? I don't want to think about it...


Seeing as how I have been cooking for over 10 out of the past 24 hours, why not keep going!? So what I did was make mozzarella cheese, sour cream and prep cinnamon rolls. This was my second attempt at mozzarella and it went extremely well. I could not be happier! I used the residual whey from the cheese to make my cinnamon rolls and I cannot wait to taste them! They should be nothing short of amazing.

I love you all and didn't want you to miss me too much so I just had to stop by and make you jealous. I will be back tomorrow with photos of my cinnamon rolls and a totally amazing song that will change your life.


yeast, peace and cheese,

chef jenni

NOW PLAYING:

No comments:

Post a Comment