Tuesday, November 08, 2011

If it's ugly...

Throw some chocolate on it!
Chocolate Croissants

 After my success with cinnamon rolls,  I was determined to move on to other traditional breakfast treats. My hope is to "wow" and "amaze" friends and guests throughout the holidays so what perfect way to do that than to make homemade croissants? I knew from my culinary school days that this was a hard to dough to master and somehow, I managed to do it with great ease back then and perhaps it was because I was doing nothing BUT cooking for 7 hours a day, 5 days a week. I also believe that it didn't hurt having a commercial dough sheeter!
Crazy Sheeter
I have since figured out a way to potentially remedy the lack of a $2,500 counter-top appliance. I will be back with another attempt in a week or so and they will not have chocolate on them because they will not be ugly. I will have you know that I will also be using whey in the recipe!


I will be making my ricotta gnocchi for dinner and I dare you not to look forward to those photos!

NOW PLAYING:  Apples by My Brightest Diamond

No comments:

Post a Comment