Friday, November 11, 2011

Bite-sized bomb bagels


Yes. Yes. It is Friday once again and I hope that you did not miss me too much. If you did, you need to get some friends outside of the internet. This does not mean I love you any less; let's make that clear.
On this amazing, fall day I bring to you mini-bagels!


I have not posted an actual recipe in quite some time so I figured I would do that. I know how frustrating it can be to wish that you were me so I want to extend this recipe as a grand gesture. Consider it an e-hug.
And don't you dare forget about my awesome music pick for this special day.

Mini Bomb Bagels

1 2/3 cups high gluten flour
1/3 cup barley flour
1 cup water 110 degrees
1 ½ tbsp raw sugar
¼ tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp sea salt
1 tsp sugar

In a medium bowl, mix yeast, water and sugar. Wait until foamy.
Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until incorporated.
Form a ball, coat with veg oil and let rise for 1 to 1.5 hours until doubled.
After the dough has risen, place on a floured surface, roll into a log shape and cut into 6 equal pieces.
shape each piece by smoothing across the top with your thumbs and using your other fingers to tuck the edges under. When the top looks smooth, use your thumbs to poke a hole through the middle.
Allow to rise again. About 15-20 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400
Boil approx. 5 cups of water with 2 tbsp sugar added to the water.
When the bagels have risen, but not doubled, place each bagel in the water and boil the dough for about 35 seconds on each side.
Transfer to a non-stick cookie pan or sheet and place directly into the oven unless you wish to add sesame or poppy seeds or even cheese and herbs.

Bake @ 400 for 12-15 minutes until golden brown and crusty on top.


FOODIE TUNE:

Class Actress - Weekend by stellarspark

No comments:

Post a Comment