Wednesday, February 01, 2012

A little bit sorry.

It has been months since I last posted and I apologize from the middle of my heart.




Truthfully, I've been on a health-kick so that I can continue to blog for many, many more years to come as opposed to months. This is not the result of a New Years resolution, but rather a preemptive strike.

In late November, I just happened to watch two very great documentaries that highlighted the many benefits of juicing and knew that it must be a sign, so I bought a Breville and went on a juice fast. After that, I knew I really needed to get going with the physical aspects of fitness, so I joined another gym with equipment better suited for me.

That brings us to the current day and time. I have simply not been making the sort of delicious, sugar-laden foods that I once had. Not that they are bad, but I needed a break from all of the carbs and sweets. And I've been doing very well with that which brings me to my latest diet deviation: Lasagna.

In order to really make this meal count and not completely negate my kettlebell workout, I used cottage cheese in place of ricotta and threw in some turkey meatballs I made last week that contained brown rice and eggplant. I did use provolone and mozzarella cheeses, but those are two of the better cheese choices for people watching their caloric intake. To top it all off, I made my own pasta using semolina and rye flour. I really tried to incorporate as many natural, high protein ingredients as possible.

For specifics, feel free to contact me. I do love a q & a.


NOW PLAYING:
It's Automatic | Zoot Woman by Zoot Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment