Saturday, February 04, 2012

Welcome to my Pad.



I just made the best pad thai. No. Seriously. I have butchered a peanut sauce or 20 in my life, but this one was golden. Not once did I wish I was eating something else.

Pardon my flashing.
I went to the gym for a later than usual workout and by the time I got home, it was 7 pm. I knew I wanted something high in protein so I reached for the tofu and was off to make tofu and green beans in a brown sauce and suddenly it hit me that I didn't want that.
I took a hold of Mr. Planters, stole two heaping spoonfuls of his goodness and threw it in my brown sauce that contained fish sauce, ginger, minced garlic, brown sugar. hoisin and rice wine vinegar. It was good, but it was missing something! I threw in more ginger, some ground orange peel and last but not least I went to add some coconut milk, but I didn't. Have. Any. Coconut Milk.
 Thank goodness I just happen to have an awesome assortment of ingredients in my pantry because guess what I found? SHREDDED COCONUT! Why not? It turned out to be one of the best decisions I made all day. But why stop there? I then substituted toasted walnuts for the typical chopped peanut garnish and pan-fried the tofu in safflower oil and it was fabulous!

Yummm-ya-yum-yum-YUMMMM.


Peace and chopsticks!

NOW PLAYING: Penguin Prison - The Worse It Gets (RAC Mix) by Penguin Prison

No comments:

Post a Comment