Saturday, February 18, 2012

Bring on the sweets, sweeties.

You all know that I've been working my derriere off and because of that, I do allow myself a few dietary deviations. I balance this out by drinking juiced carrots and kale. My sweet of choice to delight in just happened to be devilishly delicious and not too bad on protein. I give you, Chocolate Drop Peanut Butter Cookies:
Crisp edges with a soft center!
I am feeling so great about these, I will give you the recipe.
Preheat oven to 350
Line a baking sheet with parchment

1 stick smart balance buttery sticks (with omega)
2 tbl shortening
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup organic sugar
1/3 maple syrup
1 cup peanut butter
(Cream them alllllllllll until smooth)

1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
(Mix just until incorporated)

1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of sea salt
1 cup patent flour
1/2 cup cake flour
(Add all dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until incorporated)

I used a 2 oz scoop and flattened the cookies gently with my fingers.
At this size, they take no longer than 10 minutes to bake.

Carefully, as soon as you remove them from the oven, press the back of a tablespoon into the middle of each cookie and transfer them to a cooling rack.

For the chocolate drop center, I used a basic ganache recipe. For the chocolate, I used melted dark dove squares that were on sale after Valentines day.

In a double-boiler, melt the chocolate of your choice, and add a bit of cream or butter to thin it out slightly. When the ganache is ready, spoon a bit of the melted chocolate mixture into the center of each cookie and allow to cool until the chocolate has set... Or not. They were really quite dreamy when the chocolate was still a bit warm and oozing!

Have fun!

Peace love and peanuts.

NOW PLAYING:  THE WALK by TAKOMA

No comments:

Post a Comment